Belgium: Additional leave, code orange, face-to-face: here are the latest measures taken in education

0 2

Additional leave, code orange, face-to-face: here are the latest measures taken in education

Additional leave, code orange, face-to-face: here are the latest measures taken in education

Additional leave, code orange, face-to-face: here are the latest measures taken in education

Photo News

Lhe actors of the French-speaking school and the Minister of Education Caroline Désir (PS) decided Thursday to extend the All Saints holidays, normally scheduled from November 2 to 6, until November 11 inclusive.

The approximately 800.000 FWB students and their teachers will therefore benefit from two more days off. Classes will resume on November 12th.

The measure, requested by several interlocutors, is taken as part of the fight against the coronavirus and aims to allow school staff to breathe a little.

“This idea clearly makes sense given the health situation and the state of fatigue of administrators, teachers and other staff, but it has various major drawbacks including the educational impacts for students and the difficulty for parents - who They are also suffering the full brunt of the effects of the health crisis - to find solutions for custody for a whole week, ”said the minister in a press release.

For parents to whom this extension could pose a problem, "contacts are underway to identify possible solutions allowing the establishment of minimum daycare services without mobilizing school administrators and their educational teams", he added. she clarified.

At the end of a little less than two hours of videoconference meeting, it was also decided that the schools would remain in code yellow, without reinforcing the distance courses therefore for the secondary years.

Francophone higher education turns orange

Faced with the renewed epidemic of Covid-19, all higher education institutions in the Wallonia-Brussels Federation will switch to code orange from Monday, Minister Valérie Glatigny (MR) said on Thursday, confirming information from the RTBF and Evening.

The decision, taken Thursday morning during a meeting with French-speaking universities and representatives of the Hautes écoles, will have the consequence of reducing from Monday to only 20% the proportion of students in the audiences, the remaining 80% in front. take the courses remotely.

An exception is however provided for 1st Bachelor students, less experienced in higher education, the codes of which they have not yet mastered. These will therefore remain in code yellow (one in two present in the audiences).


This article appeared first on http://www.lesoir.be/331769/article/2020-10-15/conges-supplementaires-code-orange-presentiel-voici-les-dernieres-mesures-prises

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.